TRENDING

11/11/11

ph & editing by me
1) Question; I wish I could have your confidence :( I got diagnosed with BDD last month. How do you stay positive? 

Answer; I wasn't always this positive.
Back when I was bullied in school, I honestly felt like I was nothing and didn't like myself much :/ At the time, I was also going through the "ugly duckling" phase and obviously, I was insecure and didn't get much attention. I always thought my skin was too dark, my teeth was too crooked, my nose was too big, my eye bags were horrible, etc. I could always pick out a million things that were wrong with me.

Over time, puberty was nicer to me and I grew out of the "ugly duckling" stage. I began to get more compliments, and in those times, I actually believed in a few of them. It was hard to see past my flaws, but I guess I was just through with having low self-confidence, you know? I soon realized that it was all just ME. Me against myself. Me judging myself. Me beating myself up. Me being my worst critic.

In 7th grade, I had a close friend who was very similar to me. We'd spent nearly everyday with each other and even teachers would mess our names up in class. I really admired her because she always seemed so "perfect." Before she moved away after the school year, we wrote each other really long letters. In these letters, we both expressed how we felt - both of us were envious of one another. Both of us saw the beauty, the intelligence, and the personality in each other. Both of us wished we were the other sometimes too. Reading that, I was surprised and I have often asked myself, "Why is it that she can see all of this in me when I can't?"

Now, I know the answer. It's all in YOUR head. It's your confidence. If you choose to be confident, you will be. If you choose to judge yourself harshly, then you'll bring yourself down for every little thing. It's you who decides.

From there, I tried to be more positive because I just got fed up with feeling sorry for myself. It helped that I had great, supportive friends too and I just learned to love life a little more. In high school, I began to bloom. I don't mean physically but internally. I became a really happy freshman. I was always smiling and soon enough, I learned how contagious smiles were. The people around me would feed off that energy and that made them feel positive too, which in turn, made me even happier! Seeing that effect, my optimism just rose. Hm, there are up & down days, but overall, I've always tried to be happy with life. There are so many things to do and so much to appreciate that it would be a waste not to give anything a try because you're insecure. Life opens up when you welcome it with open arms.

If you're willing to put in the effort to try again and again, despite how many times you get pushed down, you'll succeed. It doesn't matter if you're the most beautiful-looking person in the world, if you don't have the confidence to believe that, you won't FEEL beautiful. -Thuha Cao(source; formspring)

2) "Having a Bad day? Put your hand over your chest. Feel that beat? That's called purpose. You're here for a reason. Don't leave without one." -@dabushkamarudin

I know a lot of people are pretty excited about 11/11/11 11:11 but to me, everyday is just the same. Date and time, it's just another number. Maybe we hope that something good will happen today because of it's beautiful number, but we forgot to cherish every single day like it's our last one. So 11/11/11 do teach me something; You are given another chance to live your life, but just because that day doesn't start out good, it doesn't mean that it's going to end up bad. Happy 11/11/11!



xoxo, 
fyzie zissy

6 comments

  1. your english.urrghh,love it!do you speak english at home?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post! Thumbs up for you!! :) Your english so beautiful and senang faham.

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously,i loveeee your posts ! every single of them xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. offial wife of KIM HYUN-JOONG :], I don't really speak English at home, I prefer to speak in Malay more than any other language that I mastered :-)

    Adriana Norazian, Thank you! x

    Ainul, Thanks! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. YA ALLAH <3
    ILOVENAZIHAH ANUAR 1!!!! :D


    Hihihihi . Thankyou so much for the post :*

    I really wish my english as power/cool/hebat as you :B Hihi

    ReplyDelete
  6. God, I felt so weird, whilst I'm reading some posts in your blog, suddenly, I'm yearning for sweet desserts, and I don't know why. Your writings are inspiring, please, post more entry please... :3

    And I felt that I'm pathetic, it's just hard to describe through words, bah!

    ReplyDelete

© SAYONARAHAPPYENDINGMaira Gall