TRENDING

A blessful Raya

ph & editing by me
When I was little, I remember sitting in front of the television waiting for the Raya's announcement. I remember walking around the village from house to house just to collect some angpau from the neighbours. I remember being call 'little girl' when everybody around me has already reached their teenage years. I remember spending the whole fortnight before Syawal baking various types of cookies. I remember those feelings I get when my grandad bought us some firecrackers. I remember taking a family picture with a complete family members and cousins.

And of course, as I reached my teenage years, those things has changed, without my permission.

But I've come to realize that nothing will stay the same the way you wanted it to be. Just like baking cookies, there's going to be this one step when you have to roll the dough in round shape using your own bare hand. And when some little piece of the dough fall down from the mixture, you just kind of take that little piece, and roll it together with the old mixture. Well same goes to Life. Things wont stay in shape no matter how hard you tried to grip it. You just have to adapt with the fact that things change, just like how you take the remaining dough and mix it with the old mixture

If any of you here who's still celebrating your Raya with your complete family members, be grateful. No matter how bad your siblings treats you all this while, no matter how awful your parents scold you, no matter how sucks your environment are, just be grateful for still having that family. Because soon, when everybody grows up, they will make their own way, choosing their own path of life. And you will missed all this amazing Syawal's experience if the young selfish you just don't give a fuck at all. I don't know whats it's like to be in your shoes, but I'm sure that I used to take those steps you're walking on, Ive been through all that, and I've regret it. I always believe, that deep down in you, no matter how small it is, you still love your family.

Selamat Hari Raya Aildilfitri,
Maaf Zahir dan Batin

xoxo,
fyzie zissy

4 comments

  1. im about to cry when i read this ;(

    anyways, selamat hari raya nazihah (: May Allah bless you always :')

    ReplyDelete
  2. bila pasal keluarga mmg semua org cepat tersentuh ,walaupun mulut kata tak tapi hati ? ,fakta :)

    selamat hari raya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mimie Cikonett :), Selamat Hari Raya too, love :) ♥

    nur hanis II, yeah we can't deny that..Oh Selamat Hari Raya too! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know how much that hurts. Selamat hari raya girl :)

    ReplyDelete

© SAYONARAHAPPYENDINGMaira Gall